When I was a young leader trying to learn how to build teams and lead organizations, I remember reading something that Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric, wrote that has stuck with me. Welch said there were four kinds of employees at GE.
- Those who shared the GE values and produced
- Those who shared the GE values but did not produce
- Those that did not share the GE values and did not produce
- Those that did not share the GE values but DID produce
Welch said it was easy to know what to do with the first three groups.
- Group 1: (those who shared the GE Values and produced) were to be rewarded.
- Group 2: (those who shared the GE Values but did not produce) were to be given training and another opportunity.
- Group 3: (those who did not share the GE values and did not produce) well…
View original post 297 more words