Article by: Victor Lipman, Forbes
When it comes to management, I’ve always been a bigger believer in fundamentals than fancy. Sure, there’s nothing at all wrong with, say, presentation skills that spellbind an audience of thousands, but when it comes to operational effectiveness, chances are that will be determined by how well you execute fundamentals day in and day out. In that spirit, here are 6 fundamentals that can make you a better manager in 2014.
1) Be open to new ways of looking at things
2) Expect excellence
3) Make sure your employees know – clearly – where they need to focus
4) Protect your time as if it were gold
5) Communicate regularly by providing meaningful feedback in real time
6) Don’t duck conflict, but deal with it directly and fairly
Read more on the article and descriptions of the 6 fundamentals here.